I know you are passionate about losing weight, keeping fit and staying healthy. I also know that you are willing to pay the price for what you want and to endure the rigors of burning all the fat and calories in the gym.
However, if you are not getting enough rest and body recovery, you may stop getting any meaningful results as a result of overtraining.
When you work so much at your routines that the body doesn’t have the time it needs to rest and recover, you are getting over trained already. You will notice that they body is growing weaker and cannot keep up with the intensity and frequency of the gym routines.
Effects of over training includes undue tiredness, loss of endurance, lack of progress in results in and out of the gym and increase in the incidence of sores, muscle pulls, strains and injuries.
Here is how to avoid overtraining:
- Set limits: You are not supposed to train until you drop. Establish healthy routine, schedule and duration that work best for you and your body.
- Eat well: Research has it that carbohydrate intake is vital to muscular recovery and energy. If you can help the body to recover faster, you will reduce the incidence of over training.
- Get some good rest: The vital aspect of overtraining is the failure of the body to recover and rest enough; you will never be free from the possibilities of overtraining if you are not resting. It is alright to introduce a siesta just to get more sleep.
- Get wise: You do not always have to go in smoking hot. It is alright to alternate your routines and stick to simple basic routines when you notice that you have not fully recovered from the rigors of the previous workout routine.
- Get regular massage: Sometimes you get tension built up deep within muscles and it might not wear off for a while; a good massage can just do the magic and accelerate recovery and full functionality in record time.
- Freshen up: One of the best ways to get past overtraining and lack of gym results is to change your routines and have something else you are not used to. It breaks the monotony, increases excitement and stimulates the body and mind in new ways. Embrace adventure!