With the lifestyle of the 21st century world, it is very hard not to be hit by the attendant stress that comes from longer hours of work, family commitments, financial strain and general busyness. You can still get the best of life if you can develop a system around yourself that helps you to deal with stress and still keeps you happy, fulfilled and aspiring.
Here are my simple but effective anti-stress tips:
- Workout and relax your muscles: Exercise helps you to sweat out the stress and relieve tensions physically.
- Take a break: when you work too hard or too long, you need to take a break. Nothing sums this up like the words of Rick Warren, “Divert daily, withdraw weekly and abandon annually.”
- Eat well and deliciously: One of the best ways to relieve stress is to check if you are eating well and go get something delighting for your stomach.
- Get some sleep: Insomnia leads to stress; get better sleep and you will be restored.
- Have some fun: When was the last time you had some good fun? Go see a movie; go swimming or visit a night club. Just have yourself some fun.
- Do something you love for a break: Do you love to paint, draw, knit or sing? That may just be what you need to lose the stress.
- Quit your job: If you do not like what you are doing, stress will be your constant companion. Set things in place and transit gradually to what you love more.
- Leave town: You may need a complete change of scenery to fully recover from your stress; it is not a bad idea to take a few days and head out of time to recover. Take a small trip to the country side and see how much it will help.
- Talk to someone: When you have too much on your mind in silence, it will surely lead to stress. Make out time to talk to someone about anything that is bothering you or just about anything. It improves moods and lift burdens.
- Stop killing yourself: One of the main causes of stress is that you are almost always too hard on yourself. You are not superman, so it is alright to go easy on yourself once in a while.