Cheating and Staying on Track April 19, 2018 04:00
When it comes to fitness and tracking your progress in weight loss and dieting, you should pay closer attention to your diet than you pay to your workout routines. It may sound somehow but you need to always remember that real Abs are made in the kitchen! If you fail at your diet, your sweat at the gym may just go to waste.
I know cheat meals sound like they are supposed to be illegal when you are on a diet, but if you know how to use them, they are not only acceptable, they are recommended! A cheat meal is a meal that is high in calories and contains carbohydrates, proteins and fat in high quantities and it is used to serve as a buffer when you are dieting.
Here is how cheat meals help you stay on your fitness track:
- It helps you to curb cravings: Going on a rigorous diet is never an easy task, even if you have been going at it for years. Cheat meals twice every week will go a long way to stabilize appetite and make it easier to adhere to diet.
- It helps the body to adapt: When you are on a diet, the body is in some form of panic as it tries to protect the immunity and the freshness of the body, cheat meals make it easier for the body to get it done and to make a smooth transition in diet and still maintain your good health.
- It serves as reward system: One of the best ways to use cheat meals is to use it as a reward for being able to stick to your diet and your workout routine. One of the best ways to stay on track is to be able to look forward to something exciting after every few days.
- Cheat meals are simply fun! Even from the name, you get the feeling that you are cheating the system and you are still getting very good benefits from it.
- You get to keep the hunger hormones under check every few days: Dieting affect hormonal action and the most influential of these are Leptin and Ghrelin which are responsible for control of hunger and regulation of appetite. A rich supply of heavy calories once in a while helps to balance them.
Remember, the most vital thing is to lose weight, stay fit and improve health.
Follow Your Dreams
Everyone is capable of dreaming, but not everyone has the courage to live their dreams. When people aren’t living or ...
This week's theme was chosen and written by one of our Athletes Troy "The Monsta" Benn. Be sure to follow him on Ins...
Let Go Of Fear. Take The Leap.
This week's theme was chosen and written by one of our Athletes Megan "Gunz" DunLevy. Be sure to follow her on Instag...